- Moira is now playable in Overwatch for the PS4, Xbox One, and Windows PC
- The new hero was announced at BlizzCon 2017
- Moira is Overwatch’s 26th playable hero
Announced at BlizzCon 2017, new Overwatch hero Moira will be playable to all players in Blizzard’s hero shooter from November 17. Apt timing since the company is having a free weekend event for the game from November 17 to November 20 allowing those who don’t own Overwatch to try it out.
Prior to this, it was suggested that Moira would be playable in Overwatch sooner than anticipated as Blizzard’s description for its free weekend event stated 26 characters will be accessible. This number is only achievable if Moira were be released. And with the latest announcement from Blizzard, it’s confirmed to be so.
- Biotic Grasp: using her left hand, Moira expends biotic energy to heal allies in front of her. Her right hand fires a long-range beam weapon that saps enemies’ health, healing Moira and replenishing her biotic energy.
- Biotic Orb: Moira launches a rebounding biotic sphere; she can choose between a regeneration effect that heals the allies it passes through, or a decay effect that deals damage to enemies.
- Fade: Moira quickly teleports a short distance.
- Coalescence: Moira channels a long-range beam that both heals allies and bypasses barriers to damage her enemies.
Much like Doomfist, Orisa, Sombra, and Ana before her, Moira won’t be available in Overwatch’s competitive play mode. Expect that to change in a week.
Are you still playing Overwatch or have you moved on to other shooters? Let us know in the comments.